Lenses: Did they get it right??

Started Jun 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
Adrian Tung
Senior MemberPosts: 2,817Gear list
Like?
Re: Lenses: Did they get it right??
In reply to lnbolch, Jun 10, 2013

lnbolch wrote:

A tribute to history—in the golden age of photojournalism half a century back, the classic kit was a rangefinder body with a 28, 50 and 90mm lens. The great shooters with Look, Life and the FSA used this combination for their timeless images. With the design of the X-Pro1, it certainly seems appropriate. Interestingly as well, the fourth lens was the 14mm—21mm equivalent view. Those who felt cramped by the 28mm added a 21mm SuperAngulon, which was the widest lens for a very long time. Fuji nailed the digital equivalent of this classic kit—perfectly appropriate for the initial offering.

I have always internally classified prime shooters as either a 35 person or a 50 person.

I can see how the 35ers will most likely not be comfortable with this lineup, whereas the 50ers will be perfectly at home with it. Fortunately, for 35mm shooters, Fuji also has a 23/1.4 in their line-up (which I am also looking forward to).

Adrian Tung's gear list:Adrian Tung's gear list
Leica D-LUX 4 Canon EOS 10D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow