Lenses: Did they get it right??

Started Jun 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
deednets
Senior MemberPosts: 2,313Gear list
Like?
Re: Lenses: Did they get it right??
In reply to samhain, Jun 10, 2013

samhain wrote:

What's so great about 50mm focal length? Wow.
Spoken like someone whose never actually used one. It's probably the most used portrait focal length in the history of lenses. It's also the most versatile focal length ever made.
And the rest of your post is... Yeah.
Tbh you sound like someone who's spent more time on camera forums than using a camera. Am I right? Good luck finding your 38mm.

The only fault I find in Fuji's lineup is putting out the 60/2.4 macro before the 56/1.4.

Why you think there is a need to make this personal is beyond me. Why not let people have their opinion about the way they use their gear? I used 50mm lenses on Zeiss Icon in the late 60 and early 70 but found 85mm better suited for portraits and 24mm better for landscape. This is not exactly exotic stuff.

50mm the most used portrait focal length? Really? But for landscapes, right?? Just my opinion, your's obviously not only different, but also right!

Right??

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Phase One Capture One Pro Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow