Started Jun 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
deednets
Senior MemberPosts: 2,361Gear list
Like?
Re: Lenses: Did they get it right??
In reply to Asylum Photo, Jun 10, 2013

Asylum Photo wrote:

Are you trolling, or just dense?

Zeiss and Fuji are SEPARATE companies. I quite clearly explained why Zeiss is making the lenses they are making (because Sony), and they have nothing to do with what Fuji is making.

Fuji's lens lineup has been nicely balanced so far. Is there something for everyone? Of course not, they still have releases to go. But your insinuation that Fuji is releasing Zeiss lenses that are close to their own releases is absolutely false.

If you don't find Fuji's releases up to your needs, there is plenty of wonderful other systems out there. OR you can be patient, as the 23mm and 56mm primes will be released soon. As well as the WA zoom (10-20?).

-- hide signature --

Why trolling? Noticed that whenever somebody is critical the troll-baton comes out ...no need for this really!

I was merely pondering the close range of the options available for the FUJI (not the NEX system!!!) system. Now you mention the 56/1.2 an interesting lens and I will possibly get one, but (!!!!) will then sell my 60/2.4!

You will then have the 50/2.8 Zeiss Macro, the 56/1.2, the 60/2.4 Macro and the zoom covering 55mm @4.8 ...

I was looking at what is available for the Fuji system, not for the NEX system, I wasn't pondering changing over to another system, but would have been happier than most if there had been a tad more variety rather than have a crowded space around the 14mm mark (Zeiss 12, Fuji 14mm, Voigtländer 15mm, only M-mount but mentioned here as an alternative to the 14mm Fuji) or the 56mm mark. If there are only less than 10 lenses in total why make this such a crowded affair? I get your point that Zeiss is not really worried about complimenting the Fuji range but going directly against the Fuji equivalent, because their main interest is Sony and the close proximity to the Fuji range is purely accidental, but I was commenting from a user and not so much from a manufacturer's point!

Is this really that difficult to understand where I am coming from?

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Phase One Capture One Pro Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow