Started Jun 8, 2013 | Photos thread
micksh6
Senior MemberPosts: 2,550Gear list
Like?
Re: *** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2013.06.08 ***
In reply to Ollie 2, Jun 9, 2013

Ollie 2 wrote:

Thanks so much for your comments.

I've never used Panini. I use the adaptive wide angle tool in PS6 for UWA adjustments. Very controllable.

That's even better, of course. The result kind of looked like Panini but you have much less horizontal distortion than Panini would give. I thought it was because you cropped the shot. But PS6 adaptive wide angle seems to be the ultimate fisheye tool.

I've also used some Viveza 2 for local colour adjustments. Too much structure in the sky I think. I've redone it here and straightened it all out a bit. Let me know if you prefer this one.

I think the sky structure adds to the shot and I don't mind curved lines in the first version. So, I would prefer the first version, but it could be just me because I'm used to Panini.

Just for illustration (not to compete with your excellent shot) below is what pure Panini looks like. See the railing curvature, it's more curved on my shot because I was really close. Moving back would reduce distortion.

If I had to suggest anything for your first version that would be to try straightening horizon a bit. But, I'm not really sure it will improve the shot overall, and you'll probably lose part of the frame.

Panini (Hemi-fisheye)

micksh6's gear list:micksh6's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
FoodNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow