Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Asylum Photo
Senior MemberPosts: 1,277Gear list
Like?
Re: Lenses: Did they get it right??
In reply to deednets, 10 months ago

deednets wrote:

Asylum Photo wrote:

I'm happy with all 5 of my lenses. The lenses are what sold me on the system, actually (and manual control dials).

If the lens selection isn't there for you, I believe MFT and NEX systems have pretty large lens selections and might suit you better. There's a beauty in healthy competition in the market... lots of choices.

-- hide signature --

True regarding choices, but why make them so close? Believe me I have a fairly good idea as to why they make lenses that are so close, one of them the above discussed relationship with Sony, so the Fuji X-mount just being a by-product of what seems to make far more sense for the Sony crowd. That's fine with me, but I wasn't speaking for Sony users! I couldn't care less about the NEX system.

I was merely expressing an opinion about the availability of quality lenses for the Fuji system, not for the NEX or any other system!

Deed

Fuji has made 4 primes and two zooms. The only ones that are "close" are the 14mm and 18mm, but they are significantly different lenses.

Zeiss has made two prime lenses, that are primarily for the NEX system, but they were able to adapt the design with little work for the Fuji system and released them for Fuji as well. Ask Zeiss why they chose the focal lengths they did. Fuji has been releasing a pretty logical set so far, imo.

-- hide signature --
 Asylum Photo's gear list:Asylum Photo's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow