Is FF really better than m43? and why?

Started Jun 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
Kim Letkeman
Forum ProPosts: 32,378Gear list
Like?
Re: Is FF really better than m43? and why?
In reply to A2T2, Jun 9, 2013

A2T2 wrote:

Kim Letkeman wrote:

A2T2 wrote:

If I said I used a FF camera to produce this would you dispute it, seriously, why?

I'm shooting m4/3 now after selling off first my FF D700 and then my APS-C D7000 .... but it is plain silly to pretend that m4/3 makes images that look like FF ... they do not. You shot this at f/6.3 ... my D700 should get an identical image at f/13 at double the focal length. But I would use f/2.8 or 4 and get a far less distracting background. Of course, you could have done that too with a wider aperture, but the 2 stop advantage never goes away ...

Are you for real, far less distracting background, its completely blurred. You need to shoot f2.8 FF to get a similar image.

Sigh ... completely blurred ... you shot at 56mm f/6.3 ... which is equivalent where DOF is concerned to 112mm f/13 on FF ...

Your assertion that FF requires 4.5 more stops of aperture for a similar image is so spectacularly incorrect that you must be simply having us on. Spend more time looking at images from FF cameras before misjudging them so badly ...

And by the way ... as I mentioned earlier, I shoot m4/3 despite this 2 stop disadvantage. For other reasons ... but I will one day get a FF camera again just for the wonderful bokeh ...

-- hide signature --
 Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow