Advice on Photo Software

Started Jun 9, 2013 | Questions thread
rio911
Contributing MemberPosts: 962Gear list
Like?
Re: Advice on Photo Software
In reply to jg1110, Jun 9, 2013

jg1110 wrote:

I am fairly new to photography and only take photos for myself and family and recently got an a77 and am interested in post processing some photos, i am wondering the best software for that purpose balancing ease of use with features, also is it best to shoot in JPEG ex fine or RAW + jpeg, or just shoot only raw?  any tips are much appreciated.

Shoot RAW + JPEG if you can (storage dependent).  It will give you the option "to PP or not to PP" during your early photo career. Later make up your own mind.

There are very nice paid RAW processing softwares, but I would suggest to start by taking a look at the Image Data Converter - RAW converter by Sony.  It is free and basically that is the only advantage.  Otherwise it is simple, straightforward but slow.  Once you open a RAW file, just go down the available corrections on the right side of the software.

Good luck and keep shooting your A77,

rio

rio911's gear list:rio911's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony 50mm F1.4 Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow