Started Jun 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
Robgo2
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,504
Like?
Re: Just Switched to the RX1 from the M9
In reply to Toccata47, Jun 9, 2013

Toccata47 wrote:

Robgo2 wrote:

I'm with you on this.  If Sony releases an RX1 with a fixed 75 or 85mm lens, I will think very hard about getting it.

On the subject of Leica, it's no secret that their digital cameras have always lagged behind those of the Japanese manufacturers.  Basically, Leica digital M's exist to carry Leica lenses, and people who treasure their Leica glass simply have to put up with the weaknesses of the cameras.

Rob

No one will pay for a 75mm fixed lens camera. Take out the dp3m for a test drive.

More importantly, your information about leica is just not accurate. The sensor in the 240 is competitive with the 24m sony. Previous generations prioritized fine detail over iso relative to "japanese" sensor tech, and as a result hold up better even today when used with sufficient light or fast enough lenses. I don't find the m9 to trail behind the d700 or 5dmkii when used the way it is intended to be used.

As far as lenses go, well yes, camera systems need to be looked at as a whole. If M's added no value, you would see the same results using leica glass on a nex as you do on an M.

Everything that I have read about the M 240 suggests that its sensor is significantly behind the Sony 24MP FF sensor, and image samples available on the web support that.

Rob

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow