Waterproof/beach camera to supplement my gear

Started Jun 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
happypoppeye
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,789Gear list
Like?
Re: Waterproof/beach camera to supplement my gear
In reply to mgn2, Jun 9, 2013

mgn2 wrote:

Exactly the reply I was looking for. Thanks for cutting through the bull ! Your pictures are great btw, and more than capture the moment - thats all that counts for me. I'm going to get the TS20 used or TS25 IF I don't get a smartphone with waterproof case. Which smartphone would you get? Iphone 5 (I have iPhone 4 right now)is obvious but what else is as good or better? I'm considering Samsung S4, HTC One, Motorola Droid Max HD, Sony Experia Z and the Nokia options that are subsidized in the US by a contract plan. It has to be at least as good a phone and camera as the iPhone 5. Cheers!

Thanks mgn2 ...and I have no idea on phones ...I would say undoubtedly the iphone5 but that is with no knowledge of camera phones ...that would simply be an opinion from all the photos I've seen from the iPhone.

Sounds like you know what you're getting yourself into with the waterproof compacts too ...just realize the IQ is bad on all of them but they are perfect for "capturing those moments" and for me, the cheap price just adds to the fun factor because its an absolutely no worry type camera.

Good luck ...have fun.

happypoppeye's gear list:happypoppeye's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow