Final word on OMD + PL 25mm "Rattlesnake"?

Started Apr 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
photofan1986
Senior MemberPosts: 2,183Gear list
Like?
Re: Final word on OMD + PL 25mm "Rattlesnake"?
In reply to kaktusss, Jun 9, 2013

kaktusss wrote:

ARB1 wrote:

Just a thought, but why should Olympus spend time addressing a problem with a lens they did not make?

1. They chose to create the m43 standard with Panasonic. If Olympus doesn't make sure all m43 lenses work fine with their camera bodies, they should just go with another camera mount.

2. Panasonic bodies don't have the same issue, so the problem comes from the body.

I had the opportunity to take lots of pics with the PL25 on the E-PL5. I'm very happy with the lens but it has one big flaw : lots of chromatic aberrations when not stopped down. Not what you would expect from a "Leica branded" lens.

This.

3. the problem occurs with Olympus lenses as well. But their aperture blades are not as noisy. My 45 1.8 certainly "rattlesnakes".

edit: Oh and as a matter of fact, I wrote an email to Olympus about this issue and asked them whether there will be some kind of firmware update.

Here is their answer :"Dear Mr. xxxxx,
Thank you for your e-mail regarding our product.
While appreciating your interest, we are not thinking of
updating the firmware for OM-D E-M5 at present.
However, we are constantly making efforts to improve our
products. Therefore, we are always grateful for customers'
opinion.
Thank you for taking time to write us, and we are
looking forward to having your continued support.
Best regards,
T. Katagiri
Customer Support Center
OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP. Tokyo, Japan "

photofan1986's gear list:photofan1986's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Canon PowerShot S100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PM2 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow