I’m still waiting for the right m43 camera

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
eques
Senior MemberPosts: 1,556Gear list
Like?
Re: You are waiting for the ideal m43 camera.
In reply to The Jacal, 10 months ago

The Jacal wrote:

tron555 wrote:

What I don't quite understand is that your all requirements have to be fulfilled by every mFT camera.

Not fulfilled by every mFT, just one that fits my needs with less compromises than currently exists.

fewer.

Perhaps you should consider to get more than one body, which I think is always a sensible thing to do - you have a back up, if one of them fails and you have less trouble changing lenses.

I only want one small/compact camera body to carry around, having more defeated the purpose.

That's the point though. I went to Asia last year, hot, humid and dusty, the last thing I wanted to do was change lenses in dusty environments, waazay ff the beaten track, so I took two mf/t bodies. Both small and light, I certainly wouldn't have done that with my DSLR.

One last thing: if small size is important for you: perhaps you should look for a "enthusiast" compact camera like the G12: the Sony RX 100 offers a larger sensor, even smaller size and might even be faster.

The G12 (which I already own) is an enthusiast camera but has reached it's end of life and no longer satisfies my IQ or responsiveness requirements.

Well, waiting is one way to solve all problems.

Was that, apart from the IQ, the perfect camera for you?

If the RX 100 had better ergonomics, 16MP instead of 20MP, and was a system camera with high quality/small lenses, I would certainly consider it.

So basically, you want a Sony RX100 with a different  body, different sensor and a different lens? So it'd be nothing like an RX100.

Sounds a bit like an EPM2 or GF5/6 you're describing here.

I think, he wants a second generation Nikon 1, if indeed he wants anything.

I really do wonder if this is (as mentioned before) a troll thread.

I more and more believe it is.

N.B. I like trolls, if they have a sense of humor.

Peter.

-- hide signature --

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7467981@N05/
"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." Richard Dawkins.

eques's gear list:eques's gear list
Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow