Started Jun 9, 2013 | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ishikawa
New MemberPosts: 20Gear list
Like?
Your best iPhone pictures - to inspire a beginner
Jun 9, 2013

I've recently stumbled upon the world of photography through Jim Radcliffe's website (www.boxedlight.com) - this is how I ended up here. I was quite blown away by some of his pictures and how they made me feel. Even very simple things like a photo of some rustic steps, or a dew on a plant made me smile.

At the moment, the only camera I have is on my iPhone 5 which i've always regarded as basic camera, useful for taking pictures of documents and people's business cards! What struck me after viewing some of Jim's shots were the simplicity of the subjects he often shot, and that the idea behind the picture was often the central factor for the feelings that were evoked.

So I searched the forums to find some recent posts where people have posted pictures from 'inferior' equipment. I was hoping to get some inspiration on how others have used their phone cameras to take good shots. There really aren't many posts out there!

I've created this thread in the hope that some of you might dig out some pics you have taken with your old phones which you really loved - and hopefully give budding photographers some inspiration on what can be done! I'm looking forward to seeing them

Of course, I'm hoping to upgrade to a better camera when I can afford one, but I'm hoping that by using an iPhone for a few months will help me take a little more care in choosing the subjects I want to shoot  

To start things off, I've included a few shots I quite liked

Relaxing by a pool

The KL Twin Towers

A back street in KL

Ishikawa's gear list:Ishikawa's gear list
Leica D-LUX 5 Apple iPhone 5
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow