Started Jun 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
onechobeach
Regular MemberPosts: 190
Like?
A 1DX A question
Jun 9, 2013

Trying to make my decision finally and has a few questions.

I currently own the 5D MKiii and has been considering upgrading to the 1DX.

I take a wide variety of shots and type of photography but has recently got into sports and action photography. Cycling events, boxing and Snowboarding and considers that the 1DX would be perfect.

However I can only afford to really keep the one camera body if I upgrade and I also enjoy a fair amount of street photography, both candid and street portraiture.

My concern is that the 1DX would be both too bulky to carry all day even with my Black Rapid harness and secondly it is so prominant , bulky and large that you really cannot go unnoticed with such an expensive piece of equipment.

Target for muggings , not being able carry on photographing without notice or comment. concedes you cannot really go unnoticed with a 5D MKiii and a 70-200L 2.8 either.

I used to hate suddenly being centre of attention when lugging around my equipment but has got used to being noticed and people coming up to me and asking questions.

So opinions on the 1DX for day to day street photography.

Goes to the gym and has biceps !

Phil

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow