Considering Canon

Started Jun 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Colin Franks
Contributing MemberPosts: 759Gear list
Like?
Re: Considering Canon
In reply to qianp2k, Jun 9, 2013

^^^ Thanks for that. Very helpful.

As I had an event to get to today, I didn't have a lot of time to look at the cameras in the store, but did hold the 5D3 and 6D, and Nikon D800 in my hands.  They certainly are heavier (!) than my M4/3 G3, but the size didn't bother me too too much. (Is it grammatically correct to say "too" twice in a row?)

After watching this video , I think that the 6D would be a better choice for me as I don't do video. It's a lot less cake.

However, my head is still spinning on all this.  Perhaps for those of you who have always had a DLSR, it might seem like a downgrade to a M4/3, but I read how so many have made that move, and feel incredibly relieved from the size & weight factor, and are pleased with the IQ.  And then there are those (like me) who have only had & used a M4/3 camera, and, possibly, don't know what we're missing with a camera such as a Canikon FF. Gah!

I guess I ought to try and find a friend who has one, take both systems out for a day of shooting, and look at the results.

My CS6 Photoshop will deal with the Canon Raw files, correct?

Any more input is welcome.

Colin Franks's gear list:Colin Franks's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Canon EOS 6D Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow