Just Switched to the RX1 from the M9

Started Jun 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
1JB
1JB
Senior MemberPosts: 1,072
Like?
Re: Just Switched to the RX1 from the M9
In reply to earful, Jun 8, 2013

I don't see a reason to visit the Leica forum any longer.  I sold my entire kit.  I really loved the M9 but found the new M to be such a disappointment I realized I would not be staying with Leica for another 4-5 years before they upgrade it.  There is clearly a color problem with the new M.  I was also frustrated with Leica's failure to fix bugs in the M9 firmware for over a year.  For the price of the kit I sold I could have 5 RX1s.  I don't see Leica as a seriousl player in the digital realm.  The new mini M is going to be an X with a slow zoom.  Another disappointment.   But I don't want to bash Leica, I loved the M9 for more than 3 years.  The M9 sensor produces beautiful photographs and files that really handle pp very well.

If Sony puts a longer lens on the RX1 I'll buy it and keep the 1, the sensor is that good.   I still can't get over the high iso, color rendition and dynamic range.   If it takes a fixed lens optimized for the sensor to get an exceptional compact full frame camera so be it.  I shot with a 35 cron asph and 50 lux asph so going to the 35 fixed lens is a non issue when you throw in the added ability to crop on the RX1 sensor better than the M9.   I'd also rather hang another RX1 with a longer lens around my neck than switch lenses at this point.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow