Started Jun 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Charlie7
Junior MemberPosts: 36
Like?
Shutter Shock on EM-5? Try this...
Jun 8, 2013

Simply put, turn off burst mode.  It's what the manual calls sequential shooting.  I believe burst mode causes the majority of my blurred images.  Maybe a firmware bug or maybe I'm imagining it?  I've tried it on the 12-50, 40-150, and 75-300 MKII and am just amazed at how much better the test shots came out using shutter speeds of 1/5 on up, handheld with IS set to 1.  I'm not saying you should shoot at these shutter speeds handheld but I would be curious if you get obvious improvement.  In other words, a much greater percentage of usable images.  With the 75-300 at 200mm handheld, I was getting sharpness thought to be impossible at around 1/20 sec. With all else being equal except turning on burst mode, all images became horrible.  I also tried 1/4 to 2 sec anti shock and really didn't notice a difference.  Turning off burst mode made a real improvement and gave me a new respect for the image stabilizer.

EM-5 Body Firmware v1.6
Lens Firmware:
12-50 v1.1
40-150 v1.0
75-300 MKII v1.0

Hopes this helps some of you.

Thanks,

Charlie7

Nikon 1 V1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow