Started Jun 7, 2013 | Questions thread
87350iroc
Junior MemberPosts: 43Gear list
Like?
Re: D800 w/ Tamron 28-75 Slow Focus?
In reply to bydavidrosen, Jun 8, 2013

bydavidrosen wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have a Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 lens and just upgraded from my old D90 to a D800.

At first everything was great, but after a couple days, I started noticing that sometimes it would not release the shutter. It seemed to be having trouble focusing and I'd hold the shutter release button down it just keeps attempting to focus for many seconds... 3, even 5 seconds, before it would snap the picture. I'm shooting in manual as I always do (just auto focus) and there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to when it has this problem. At first I thought it was low light but a) part of the reason I upgraded the camera was for better low light performance, b) i didn't have this problem on the d90, and c) sometimes it shoots just fine in low light. I can pick the camera up once and snap, snap, snap, snap, snap super fast. Pick it up another time, and it refuses to snap.

I haven't tried another lens yet, but I've been playing with many settings on the body and can't seem to get it to work right ALL the time, just some of the time.

Any ideas here?

Thanks

I am guessing this is the BIM (built in motor) version of this lens?  AF is horrible on this lens.  I highly recommend the earlier non-BIM lens whose AF is fast and accurate.

87350iroc's gear list:87350iroc's gear list
Nikon D600 Tokina AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 Macro Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow