Epson Stylus Photo 1400 and Photoshop CS6 Print Help!!

Started Jun 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MindInRewind
Contributing MemberPosts: 601
Like?
Epson Stylus Photo 1400 and Photoshop CS6 Print Help!!
Jun 8, 2013

Hello,

I have an Epson Stylus Photo 1400 and I'm having some printing issues.  First, monitor is calibrated properly and I have proper paper profiles for my printer/paper - yet, my blacks aren't so.. black, they are washed out and look... lets say dark dark blue.  All the colors are perfect except where there is supposed to be dark areas is washed out and looks blue.

My first question is should I be using Black Point Compensation or not?  All my settings are correct according to the paper manufactures specifications (Canson Baryta Photographique 310gsm).  There website tells me to use BPC but now I'm not so sure.

Also, photoshop is giving me some grief as well.  I have 5 images that are 5"x7" each in one 13x19 sized document.  I set my paper size in my print settings to 13"x19" with no borders but yet somehow my prints are stretched to roughly 5.25"x7.5" and I can't figure out why.

I hope someone can help me with these issues because I have burned through a lot of paper and a hell of a lot of ink.

Thank you in advance!

~MIR

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow