Specs of the Mini M!

Started Jun 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Jono Slack
Forum ProPosts: 20,205Gear list
Re: Specs of the Mini M!
In reply to Jim Laurel, Jun 7, 2013

Jim Laurel wrote:

Just watching all this hubbub about the Mini M and thought I'd add my voice as a long-time Leica user. I'll say that if the rumors are true about this camera - that it's an APS-C with a slow fixed zoom - it'll be a huge failure for Leica. You can get something like that from any number of other makers. It's just not interesting at all.

-- hide signature --

HI Jim

Long time no talk - It's interesting how many people have said this (you can get something like that from any number of suppliers)- but please could you name me 2 manufacturers who have an APS-C sensor with a slow, fixed zoom?

The Sony R1 qualifies (a huge and splendid camera and long since discontinued). The nearest contender is the new Canon GX1 - but that's actually close to ยต43 sensor size.

Not to suggest that it would be interesting, just that it would be the only one available

Jono Slack

Jono Slack's gear list:Jono Slack's gear list
Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246) Leica M9 Leica M-Monochrom Leica M Typ 240 Leica T +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow