ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
buckeyevet
Forum MemberPosts: 77Gear list
Like?
Online printing services
Jun 7, 2013

Hello everyone,

So, as I am increasing my knowlege and upgrading my equipment, I have just realized that some of my disenchantment with my photos, may be where they are being developed!

I will start by saying that I don't have my own printing setup, and for the moment don't have the cash flow to invest in it (I'm putting money towards better lenses for my 60D right now).

For years, I've taken my memory card to a local, well-regarded photo shop, and used their computers to crop and enhance my photos, then I pay for their "Professional Printing" in which they adjust for color to make the best picture.

Well a batch I just picked up looked ldramatically ess than stellar.  Everything had an amber cast, including the humans in the pictures.  A beautiful white and gray dapple horse I took looked medium grey, with no white in sight, and muddy.  The brilliant blue skies and turrets of Cinderella's castle on a sunny day were dull and washed out, and the sharpness was really not good at all!

On the camera screen these pictures had gorgeous, vibrant, true to life color and amazing sharpness.  I lost a little sharpness on my computer screen and theirs at the photo shop, which I expect.

Some of these photos were taken with a rented Canon 24-70 f/2.8 L lens, which showed much improved sharpness over my staple Tamron lens on both the computer and on the camera screen.

So, is it unrealistic to expect that the prints will mimic what I see on the computer and the camera?  Or is my choice of who makes my prints the problem?

The amber shading had to be due to whoever professionally adjusted the photos--probably their preferences.  But what about the sharpness/image quality?  Does that automatically degrade when going to computer from the memory card?

I realize that most people on here print their own prints, but does anyone have suggestions on any online printing services to try?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

-- hide signature --

Jennifer

buckeyevet's gear list:buckeyevet's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III USM Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF)
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow