Dpreview Nikon Coolpix A compatative review published

Started Jun 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
dougjgreen1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,200Gear list
Like?
Re: I also own & use Nikon DSLRs and MF flim gear
In reply to aleksanderpolo, Jun 7, 2013

aleksanderpolo wrote:

If you are new to the m4/3 land, I highly recommend you check out (if you haven't already done so) the new 16MP sensors in Oly body. There is a really big jump in sensor quality that hasn't been seen in previous generations. At the low end I think something like a EPM2/EPL5 makes more sense than the first generation EPL2, you are not paying a lot more, but you do get a lot more.

This has nothing to do with our current discussion, of course.

Cheers,

The thing is, I don't need those newest sensor Micro 4/3 bodies any more than I need a Nikon A.

Very little of what I shoot is at the edges of current sensor performance - The vast majority of what I shoot is at ISO 400 or lower.  I certainly looked at the new 16MP Oly bodies, before getting a G5 that cost me 1/3 as much.  Because for me, it's much more about body ergonomics and the lenses, than it is about the sensors.  The current state of sensor art is such that just about any 4/3, or DX sensor will be sufficient for my needs.  This is NOT true with body ergonomics or lenses.

dougjgreen1's gear list:dougjgreen1's gear list
Olympus Stylus XZ-10 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Nikon 1 V2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow