Started Jun 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
dougjgreen1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,122Gear list
Like?
Why not get a Macro lens for close-ups?
In reply to AngryCorgi, Jun 7, 2013

AngryCorgi wrote:

R Butler wrote:

The Coolpix A's lens is pretty spectacular - it supports the line we often hear from manufacturers about 'matching the lens to the sensor.'

My suspicion is that PC Mag have tested the Coolpix at very close focus distances (where, yes, the corners can be soft). In real-world use, it's not an issue.

Richard - dpreview.com

Yeah, that's what I'm hearing from EVERYONE (except pcmag) I trust.  And as far as I can see, the samples confirm it.  MOST lenses that are not specifically corrected (via floating element/group or as Nikon calls it CRC) for shorter focus distances will suffer in the corners close up.  I fully expect that and consider it totally normal.  The X100/X100s is no different and I'm sure the GR behaves similarly.

-- hide signature --

-AC-

Oh, that's right, with a Nikon A, you can't.  With an interchangeable lens mirrorless compact system, you can.

dougjgreen1's gear list:dougjgreen1's gear list
Olympus Stylus XZ-10 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Nikon 1 V2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow