Corrected subject: Olympus 45mm + Sigma 19mm, or PanaLeica 25mm as my primes(s)?

Started Jun 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
talhasyed
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Corrected subject: Olympus 45mm + Sigma 19mm, or PanaLeica 25mm as my primes(s)?
Jun 7, 2013

I recently purchased the OM-D E-M5 (which I love!), and the kit lens while versatile, is certainly no low light performer.

I'm looking to buy a prime for low light/indoors shorts, which I think would be the majority of my shots anyway.

I previously had a Canon Rebel DSLR, and I loved both the 50mm and 35mm primes on that. Most of the indoor shots I take would be of people at dinner parties, or of kids (I have a toddler and a little baby).

The Olympus 45mm seems like a real gem of a camera. As does the PanaLeica 25mm, though the price is a little high on that lens. The Olympus with the Sigma 19mm seems like a great combo, that would actually end up being cheaper than the single Panasonic lens.

So which is a better purchase as the only set of low light primes for around $500? The Oly/Sigma combo, or the Panasonic Leica?

Title corrected by MOD at request of OP.

-J

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow