D2H, Why so Much for a 4MP Camera?

Started Jun 7, 2013 | Questions thread
MikeInIndy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,075Gear list
Like?
Re: D2H, Why so Much for a 4MP Camera?
In reply to Gpruitt54, Jun 7, 2013

Gpruitt54 wrote:

Now we are getting some where.  This is the same kind of freeform communication that got me considering my current D200 camera.

So, as good as the D2H is or may be, you are suggesting that one of the more recent offerings, like the D300 might be a better choice.

Unless one puts a ton of value in "built like a tank" I'd say it depends a lot on how cheap you can get a D2H these days, last I looked a good one that had life left and a good battery etc would set you back 400 bucks or so.  I let my very good D300 and 3rd party grip that did 8 fps, as good or better AF, way better high ISO noise, etc go for 500 bucks...  The D2H is a great camera, if you can get one for a couple hundred it might be worth playing with if you really can't afford a few hundred more.  Honestly if you already have a D200 the only real benefit you'll see is faster AF performance and higher FPS and the build, the D200 is at least as good in everything else.

-- hide signature --

-Mike

MikeInIndy's gear list:MikeInIndy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Nikon Coolpix 950 Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 J1 Nikon D600 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow