Started Jun 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dan801
Junior MemberPosts: 32
Like?
Canon 100D or Sony NEX - questions
Jun 7, 2013

I'm in the market for a new camera. I've done a lot of research and decided on either a Canon 100d (essentially similar to the 650/700) or a Sony Nex-5r.

I want a smaller form camera hence the choices.

Main focus is landscape / travel photography
Lots of movies

What do you think would be the best option. My worries are this;

The NEX appears to me somewhat like a smart phone. Very software based, it can corrupt and software can fail.

Canon is more traditional mechanical so to speak operation and doesn't rely so much on software.

Most people say a lens is more important then a body and so with the canon there is room for growth by keeping the body and swapping the lense. So I would imagine I'd keep the camera for longer and not upgrade every release.

The nex gives me the feeling that the advances in technology are very camera / software based and probably would want to upgrade very year or two plus it seems newer lenses also rely on newer cameras to an extend.

So that's my thought - what do you think about all this? I just don't know what camera I want. I'm posting this in both forums to get unbiased feedback

Canon EOS 100D (EOS Rebel SL1) NEX5R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow