KONIKA 40 1.8 vs CANON 50 1.4

Started Apr 22, 2013 | Questions thread
PaulR
Regular MemberPosts: 352Gear list
Like?
Re: KONIKA 40 1.8 vs CANON 50 1.4
In reply to ionutradulescu, Jun 7, 2013

I have been on quite a binge buying old manual focus 35mm and 645 lenses and trying them out on my NEX-7.  I haven't had a chance to compare all combinations and my Konica AR adapter just came today but I have to tell you the Canon FD 50mm f1.4 SSC totally blew away every other lens I have had a chance to test it against.  Considering that there normally shouldn't be that much difference in high quality 50mm normal lenses I was really surprised.  The differences do tend to be very hard to see above f5.6 though.  And I picked that lens up from Goodwill for only $7! which is kind of a miracle.

I haven't had a chance to test my Konica 40mm f1.8 yet.  Since lenses very so much from sample to sample you really have to run your own tests and see what works best for you.

At this point, my attitude is that simply acquiring and testing these old lenses is sort of a hobby all by itself.  Whether I will actually choose to shoot them versus the modern AF OSS lenses for the NEX is still an open question LOL.

ionutradulescu wrote:

hello.

I use a SONY NEX C3. I have the 18-55 kit lens and the CANON FD 50mm f:1.4SSC. Now i found an KONIKA HEXANON AR 40mm f:1.8.

I need only one lens.

Which should i keep?

I like my CANON, but is heavy and the manual focus ring is kind a stiff. The HEXANON is a pancake next to CANON and very light. Opinions?

PaulR's gear list:PaulR's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Nikon D600 Sony Alpha 7R Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow