Is it possible to view an GPS-tagged Photo on an Offline Map without internet connection?

Started Jun 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
dmoore
Regular MemberPosts: 137
Like?
Re: Is it possible to view an GPS-tagged Photo on an Offline Map without internet connection?
In reply to synoppy, Jun 7, 2013

synoppy wrote:

Thank you for all ideas. If it goes to things like linux or macports it is definitly not my cup of tea. I'm not experienced with programing but will search on to find an easy solution.

I now have a windows version of picty up and running with Geolocation support. You can download it at:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/picty/files

Warning: it still has quite a few bugs and isn't nearly as polished as other offerings, but it should do what you want and let you see photos on a map on or offline.

After you install, you may need to install a small Microsoft library (the link is at the sourceforge page)

Let me know if you want some help to get started. In short, create a collection (scanning takes some time but only happens once) then click on the globe icon on the main toolbar to open the mapping interface, which should show small images for any photos that have geolocation info in them. Drag images from the browser to the map to set geolocation. None of the changes get saved until you hit save (on the toolbar or the mouseover button). Unsaved changes are remembered between sessions but you can manually revert them.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow