Started Jun 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jay coffsky
Regular MemberPosts: 335
Like?
Where does pixelmator fit
Jun 7, 2013

I am kind of like a dinosaur. Old, dumb, and computer challenged.  I got my first  imac 5 months ago and never heard of aperture until 3 months ago. Now have aperture, iPhoto, and Photoshop Cs6 as my external editor.

I like the ease of the shared library for iphoto and aperture and the ease of using the tools in these programs. Much easier to navigate, my opinion, then importing pics into photoshop. The pics are there for whatever processing iphoto and aperture allows, zip 1l,2,3 and done.

Of course there are a number of tools in Cs6 that I use not available in aperture and iphoto.Yesterday I heard about the inexpensive Pixelmator which uses the apple OS X operating system. From what I read many of the tools (of course not all) are in pixelmator and easy to use. I wonder if that program will ever share the same library as aperture so that you dont have to have an external editor icon to get your pictures.  It would be great, at least for me, to open pixelmator and have the samy easy to open pics like in aperture.

I am also afraid if I download pixelmator there may be some kind of conflict with photoshop cs6.

My question to anyone willing to answer, I am assuming most everyone is more knowledgeable in software of photo editing then me, if I am just looking for trouble having aperture, iPhoto, and cs6 (that I now have) and then adding pixelmator as another program. Is it just too much duplication, should I leave well enough alone. I suppose there is no way one could get their library of pics to open in pixelmator like in aperture.

Thank you for any suggestions.

-- hide signature --

jay coffsky

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow