Junior MemberPosts: 49
Like?
Re: On the sensor and EVF
In reply to peevee1, Jun 6, 2013

peevee1 wrote:

Revenant wrote:

peevee1 wrote:

Andy Crowe wrote:

4) Old inferior 18-mpix sensor from GH2 - high probability (they promise a "new sensor" in every camera, in most cases it is a lie)

The GH2 sensor has never been advertised as 18mp (you could only ever get 16mp images out of it),

We are not talking about advertizement, we are talking about rumors about specifications - and the GH2 sensor is indeed specified as 18 mpix.

Sure, in the spec sheets it says 18 MP total pixel count, but it also says 16 MP effective pixel count, and that's the number that was quoted in the advertising. In the original press release,

Again, we are NOT talking aboutĀ advertisingĀ or press releases. What is so hard to understand?

As I said, it's not just in advertising, but also in reviews and on rumor sites. I have never seen a rumor about an upcoming camera, that states the total pixel count of the sensor. They always state the effective pixel count, since that's what matters. Again, noone has ever referred to the GH3, E-M5 or E-PL5 as 17 MP cameras, not on rumor sites or anywhere else that I have seen; they have always been referred to as 16 MP cameras. Why then should the pixel count of the GX2 be interpreted as the total, and not the effective pixel count?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow