New Pentax K-50 leaked

Started Jun 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
audiobomber
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,097Gear list
Like?
Re: How does the K50 stack up vs it's competition?
In reply to paulkienitz, Jun 6, 2013

paulkienitz wrote:

True, but still, this had better be the last time for them to keep milking that sweet-sixteen sensor chip, unless they come out with a super cheapie below the K-50 (maybe a K-02 would work for that).

What about Canon? They've used the same sensor in every APS-C body since 2009, and it is notably inferior to the Sony 16mp.

The old 16mp sensor is excellent for this class of camera IMO. It keeps the cost down and Pentax can concentrate on putting real photographic tools into the lower tier body. I wouldn't even look at a Canon, Nikon or Sony in this price range. The K-50 outpoints them soundly on the features that I care about. Not everyone in the world has to agree, and they won't. But I don't see how this camera will hurt Pentax in any way. It's photographically driven, not marketing driven, exactly the direction I want to see in Pentax.

-- hide signature --

Dan

audiobomber's gear list:audiobomber's gear list
Pentax K-3 Sony a6000 Pentax K20D Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow