Started Jun 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
saintz
Regular MemberPosts: 499Gear list
Like?
Re: Girl modelling / New Rokkor 50mm f/1.4
In reply to JoeyCF3, Jun 6, 2013

JoeyCF3 wrote:

captura wrote:

Which Rokkor 50 1.4? There were several. Mine is the Rokkor MC PG.

Sorry, I should have specified. It's the MC Rokkor - PG. Got it for $60. Neat little upgrade from my MD Rokkor-X f/1.7. Although, I don't like how heavy the MC is.. I'm sure I'll get used to it though. Even at 1.4, this lens looks nice and sharp. I'm very impressed by it.

Now.. I just don't know if I should get the SEL50F18 later this month, or order a Lens Turbo for my new Rokkor.. thoughts?

I have a Takumar 50 f1.4 and the SEL50. After missing an increasing number of shots I really wanted with the Takumar, I got the SEL50 and use it a lot now. It's a great lens.

If all of your shots were keepers, stick with the f1.4. If you had some focus misses that would have otherwise been great shots, the SEL50 is definitely worth it. It just makes everything so fast and easy and the AF with face detection should get you tack sharp shots every time.

saintz's gear list:saintz's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow