What to take ? 4 days in London

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Keith Aitken
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,564
Like?
Re: What to take ? 4 days in London
In reply to Peter Budd, 10 months ago

I agree w/ Simon - I would find that 70/85mm is not enough range, especially on FF. Obviously we all have different priorities

WA and low-light lenses are strong contenders for the prize, although with the D800 maybe not so vital. On FF I like to go out to around 200mm when travelling. Nikon's 180mm AF F/2.8 for instance makes a lightish, fast mid-telephoto - I know you don't have that one, and the 80-200 is a bit of a beast, but . . . Hard to leave the 24-70 behind, too

Even in churches, or inside buildings, one can sometimes need to isolate a higher item, statue, architectural accent, distant subject whatever, and 85mm doesn't cope with that.

I was just in London in April, using FF with a 28-200mm, 180mm, 85 f/1.4 and fisheye, all of which were used. Also had a 50mm. Though I tend to be a prime user, the 28-200 got the most walkaround use, then the 85mm, with the 180mm and 10.5 fisheye about the same . . .

Maybe you shouldn't take your camera, and just concentrate on the GF

Have a great trip

Keith

-- hide signature --

. . .

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow