Help me create the best 6D system on a $3500 budget.

Started Jun 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mbaxter
Forum MemberPosts: 79
Like?
Help me create the best 6D system on a $3500 budget.
Jun 6, 2013

I am looking for help creating the best 6D system I can get on a $3500 budget. I was initially going to get a 7D, but I like the idea of having a full frame sensor and being able to shoot in low light at high ISO with little noise.

First, I used to be very active in photograhy. A long long time ago. To give an idea of how long ago; my last camera was a Canon A1. That's right. A film camera. I did have the original digital rebel for a short time but it fell off a cliff before I really got into digital photography.

Now I am looking to re-kindle my romance with my old hobby.

In trying to create the perfect system, I'll try to best describe what I will be using my camera for.

I live in a very rural area, on 210 acres of woodland. Therefore I will be taking a lot of landscape images, often in darkened forest where little sunlight gets through the tree tops. So I figure I need some kind of wide angle lens.

I also plan to do a lot of shooting in dimly lit restaurants and pubs where flash is not an option. I figure wide angle will probably be used here too.

I also plan to do a lot of portrait shooting, and I've already decided that the 85mm 1.8 is a must. I had this lens a long time ago and loved it.

I also would like a flash unit. I like the idea of the high priced speedlight, but how necessary is it over the lower priced models.

I would like a general variable zoom walk around lens.

I know on my budget I cannot afford and "L" glass. So I am looking for options other than that. I prefer canon lenses, but am willing to use "off brands," if the quality of the lens is comparable to the Canon glass at some kind of cost savings.

Any suggestions here greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow