lkv11
Regular MemberPosts: 370
Like?
Re: What NEX model fits best
In reply to Marla2008, Jun 6, 2013

Marla2008 wrote:

lkv11 wrote:

Marla2008 wrote:

I've owned an extensively shot 5N, C3, 6 and 7 (two samples of each the latter). To me the 7 is a no brainer. The TriNavi user interface is genius, and without any equal in the world camera world. The 6 is a good camera but the PDAF is a cruel joke, I still think my 7 focuses sligthly faster, the build is and feeling in hanf is notably inferior to that of the 7. Unless you shoot legacy lenses at ultra wide angles in RAW and fear a magenta cast, the 7 is the way to go. I'll give the 6 a slightly sharper jpeg right out of the box, the but 7 has less noise (contrary to all that's been said) and smoother backgrounds. Get a model with the EVF anyway, it's VERY important if there's sunny weather where you live.

-- hide signature --

If you're tired of starting over, stop giving up.

If the NEX-6 is anything like the NEX-5n, both have 16 MP, then the noise performance of the NEX-6 should be better than the NEX-7. See the review by Steve Huff, where he demonstrated that the NEX-7 is noisier than the NEX-5n.

http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2011/10/23/the-sony-nex-7-digital-camera-review-by-steve-huff/

I hear you, and Steve and others can demonstrate all they want, I know what I see with my own eyes in my own living room I've had to copies of both 6 and 7, and the backgrounds are smoother with the 7, however the 6 is slightly sharper OOC. I'm talking jpeg files here. I assume many camera reviewers love to tinker with RAW. I don't. I love the 6 in its own right, and loved the 5N as well, but for my needs the 7 stands head and shoulders above both of them.

-- hide signature --

If you're tired of starting over, stop giving up.

Do you have samples from both cameras you care to share here, specifically at higher ISOs like 1600 and above?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow