New Pentax K-50 leaked

Started Jun 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
Zvonimir Tosic
Senior MemberPosts: 2,144Gear list
Like?
Politically correct design
In reply to RonakG, Jun 6, 2013

As waxwaine said above in his comment, and to which I agree:

"Consumers going for a Canon to cameras stores , without knowing how they went back home with a Pentax. A mimic market concept."

In the world ruled by the consumerist myopia and vague visual memory composed of fragments of this and that, being too bold and unique sometimes means lack of true recognition and living on the outskirts.

Pentax needs some kind of amorphic design in its lineup, and an entry level offer is one that will sell along hundreds of thousands of blobby Canons and Nikons.

This design is politically correct:

• not Nikon exactly,
  • nor Canon exactly,
  • nor as bold as pure Pentax design would be 

Or you can say it it's an amalgam of all three.

It's politically correct, which isn't overly exciting, but the population aiming for such cameras aren't looking for excitements in their lives either.

It will sell well.

But if Ricoh wants Pentax to transform its personality into a conformist one, and tailor the entire of its new lineup into this politically correct amorphic amalgam, I'm going to sell all my Pentax gear, and my car, and switch to Leica and travel with public transport.

-- hide signature --

Zvonimir Tosic
“A portrait is not made in the camera, but on either side of it.”
— Edward Steichen

Zvonimir Tosic's gear list:Zvonimir Tosic's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow