Would you switch brands if an nex sized ff competitor entered the market?

Started Jun 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
KM Legacy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,955
Like?
Re: Would you switch brands if an nex sized ff competitor entered the market?
In reply to Tastybread, Jun 5, 2013

I would be reluctant to switch, because I have several high-quality adapters and high-quality legacy lenses. However, if Sony continues to do the stupid things the have done with the APS NEX cameras, I would be tempted. If Sony enters the FF market, they should realize that customers there do not want cameras designed by cell-phone designers. They want controls like a real still camera. ISO, exposure mode, and exposure compensation are vital and fundamental; they should have dedicated controls. No menu-diving, no "Tri-Navi" customized controls.

In the FF realm, Sony should use IBIS, which is one of the great technologies it inherited from Minolta. IBIS allows every lens to have IS, without having to build OIS into every lens (increasing lens cost and size and compromising quality by shifting elements off axis). Sony should fire the fools who threw away their IBIS advantage and selected OIS for the APS NEX bodies. Olympus managed to fit IBIS into their tiny Micro 4/3 bodies, so Sony can fit it into FF bodies. OIS was developed by Canon in the film era, when OIS was the only option. Why in hell a company which owns the patents for IBIS should choose to use OIS in a digital still camera is strange indeed.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow