Canikon another dinosaur?

Started Jun 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Rexgig0
Senior MemberPosts: 1,621Gear list
Like?
Re: a very silly article
In reply to tko, Jun 5, 2013

tko wrote:

A new technology emerges when it is clearly better. Trouble is, mirroless has yet to prove this advantage. Granted, it might be better 10 years from now. But predictions about the future are notorious for the inaccurately. Frequently a third technology, unforeseen today, sweeps up and washes everyone's predictions out to sea.

Lets go through his wimply and self-serving paragraphs.

1.) Switching costs. ???? It costs to switch from any system to any other. So? In mirrorless the systems are more expensive for the same performance, and just as proprietary.

2.) Disruptive technology. True, but not proven the mirrorless is disruptive. No technical analysis. Just a blanket statement. Maybe the cell phone is the disruptive technological. Maybe Google glass.

3.) The Canon and Nikon reaction. They haven't reacted. Maybe because they're not worried and don't consider it a disruptive technology?

So what is he really saying when you take away all the words? Absolutely nothing of a technological nature. Nothing specific. A lot of vague generalizations. More of a "waaa, I like it, so it must become true."

Now, what would be more interesting if he got off his butt and did some work. Compared lenses from different systems, measured performance, compared results on a per weight and per cost basic. Nah, that sounds too much like work. Too much like reality.

Bottom line. I could do a search and replace on his key words - mirrorless, Canon and Nikon -- and it would read just as true for anything from washing machines to electric cars. A generic article, devoid of thought.

I agree. The article looked to be quite shallow and generic, hastily-assembled from information found in other internet articles.

Big changes may, indeed, be coming to the camera industry, but reading this article was a waste of my time.

Rexgig0's gear list:Rexgig0's gear list
Nikon Coolpix A Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 40D Nikon D700 +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YepNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
GeesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow