Canikon another dinosaur?

Started Jun 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
MatsP
Contributing MemberPosts: 883Gear list
Like?
There is a dinosaur in a tree near you
In reply to novaoz, Jun 5, 2013

novaoz wrote:

Interesting article on MFT and why it will outlast Canon & Nikon, some of his argument is sound

http://chasinglightphotography.com/blog/

-- hide signature --

Peter from Norfolk Is.

The big ones didn't survive, but the small ones with feathers did. We never know what happens, I wouldn't dare to predict the extinct of any photographic format. Canon and Nikon have already tried to respond to the threat from mft and from other mirrorless cameras, and they will continue doing that. Soon we will see small light boides that can use the huge line of APS-C and FF lenses. Some of the small new bodies will be with mirrors, some without.

I hope that mft will manage to compete with all the coming mirrorless and mini-dslr cameras for APS and FF from the big manufacturers. Who can be sure which of the formats that will survive? I hope all will do that. I want to be able to choose between mft, aps-c and ff also in the future. I don't want the death of anyone.

My friends of my age tend to go for mirrorless, tried of carrying heavy equipment, while my younger friends tend to go for dslr. I don't want to draw any conclusion whatsoever from that.

MatsP's gear list:MatsP's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Canon Pixma MG8150 DxO Optics Pro Standard +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YepNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
GeesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow