Started Jun 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
PerL
Forum ProPosts: 12,454
Like?
Re: Smaller sensor almost killed Nikon in the pro market
In reply to jtan163, Jun 5, 2013

jtan163 wrote:

PerL wrote:

I dont disagree with that, but the article the OP refered to predicted that Canon and Nikon and DSLRs in general will be gone in ten years time, which is a little more drastic.

-

Actually, no.

The article said that EITHER canon or nikon would not exist in 10 years. EITHER not AND.

Here's the paragraph:

Each story is different in details, but the overall trajectory is the same. Ten years from now, it’s very likely that either Canon or Nikon won’t exist as a camera manufacturer.

He also says:

" Today I’ll tell you why that future camera probably won’t have the name Canon or Nikon on the body in 10 years."

and:

"If it seems far-fetched that I am predicting the demise of Canon and/or Nikon in the camera industry, consider this."

The article does not predict the demise of the DSLR, more the rise and eventual domination of the mirrorless. I tend to agree.

DSLRs will probably still get manufactured and sold to niche markets.
Sort of like pure manual focus cameras are getting built today - think Leica.

Crocodile skin and platinum 5D MkIX any one? They come in a lovely hand rubbed black walnut presentation case, lined with baby blue whale foreskin... individually serial numbered -both of them! Only $100K.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YepNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
GeesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow