NEX-6 major design flaw

Started Jun 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Helen
Senior MemberPosts: 2,972
Like?
Re: NEX-6 major design flaw
In reply to wansai, Jun 5, 2013

wansai wrote:

I hadn't ever noticed this to be a problem. with some care and consideration, you should be able to extend your battery life well beyond the rated shot count.

Particularly, I don't use the LCD unless it's a shot I can't get using an EVF. I also have auto-review switched off. Don't really need it. I also power toggle off in between shots. In this way, it's possible to get well over 750 shots on a single charge. In some cases, in the 1000 shot range.

You can also set the camera to sleep after however many seconds.

I'm just not seeing how this can be seen as a problem tbh.

I don't find it a huge problem since I typically turn the camera off between shots, but some people do like to keep the camera on, and if they are used to almost any other make, they will miss the option of turning off the prefocus, as it will discharge the battery quite rapidly.  It's odd that Sony have always omitted this option since it would probably be very simple for them to implement.  It's worth noting that other makes invariably state in their instructions about prefocus something to the effect of "please note: turning prefocus on will have a detrimental effect on battery life between charges".

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow