Why spend more? D50 = Good enough :) !!!

Started Jun 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
golf1982
Contributing MemberPosts: 660
Like?
Re: true
In reply to Mako2011, Jun 5, 2013

Mako2011 wrote:

cmvsm wrote:    I agree with what you are saying, but the original post highlighted beginners and 'snapshooters'.

Understand I wasn't addressing that so much in the latest post.

In this context, I'm not sure Doss had Ansel Adams in mind, but simply stating that if you want good images, and don't have a bunch of dough to spend in order to see if you like the hobby, this might be a good place to start, and you won't be limited in terms of IQ or the other basics that 99% of all shooters only use anyway.

True....I simply would not recommend going that old even to save a few bucks. Diminishing returns. I think there might be a sweeter spot...even for those strapped for cash. D3100 refurb vs D50, for example, when you look at the long run. A hand me down...would certainly be a different story.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

A d 50 would be exelent for a beginner. it is cheep.it is less forgiving than recent gear, which will improve technique. It also has perfectly fine iq. I have seen many exelent  pictures using the nikon 6mp sensor.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
yesNew
SameNew
trueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow