brianj
Forum ProPosts: 13,259Gear list
Like?
Re: Is everyone here a professional now
In reply to rattymouse, Jun 5, 2013

rattymouse wrote:

brianj wrote:

WTarcher77 wrote:

I loved shooting with my P&S camera.  I HATED that i missed so many shots.

This example is pretty much what made me decide to "shelf" my P&S.  We were fishing in a remote lake in Canada, as we came out of a river inlet we came across a cow Moose & her triplets in the water.  I tried to capture the event on my camera.  The lag was so bad, that as the boat was coming up with the wave....  the image in the viewfinder was going down.  I never did get a usable image....  and for that matter missed seeing the whole event.

With my D7000 I could have captured 75 images, all spot on, and who knows National Geographic worthy...?

Ever seen a Cow moose with triplets...?   Me either.....  excpet for the 1/10th of a second before I grabbed my P&S camera  

I had the opposite experience when I was in Egypt many years ago, we were carrying our SLR with big zoom lens in a small backpack which my wife was carrying at the time while we rode on donkeys to the Valley of the Kings.  Along the way my donkey's saddle became loose and I slipped to one side and the donkey took off and I was hopping down the road on one leg with my other leg up on the donkey.

Of course my wife couldn't get the brick out in time and we ended up with not a single photo of the event.  We swore that we would never carry cameras like that again, and have had P&S each on our belts since then and better for it.

Brian

If you are unable/unwilling to take care of your gear the way the rest of us do, then it is best that you stick to pocket cameras.

I agree.

brianj's gear list:brianj's gear list
Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
No.New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow