5D Classic: still worth buying?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Danga
Regular MemberPosts: 143
Like?
Re: Say
In reply to qianp2k, 10 months ago

We agree that 100% or X% cropped photo is NOT original/full size photo.

You said you did cut or crop out some edges of the photos: "After cropping the photo is no longer in original size".  Then don't say "100%" or "full size" if you did crop something out of the original/full size photo.

qianp2k wrote:

Danga wrote:

If I show you an image and I tell you it's a crop image (does not matter what %), do you think I show you the original photo?  Yes or No?

If you're talking about photo size.  it's not.  After cropping the photo is no longer in original full-size.

But this is different from a DPR design limit that I did post a 100% cropped photo but DPR only display it at a much reduced size by default.  However you cannot claim the photo I posted is not a 100% cropped but only reduced by default by DPR for viewing purpose, not by me.

The photo behind whatever display size by default is 100% cropped but viewing size by DPR is not but this is displaying issue not photo-size related.

qianp2k wrote:

Danga wrote:

There is no cropping with original size/full size.  No cropping whatsoever.

In this specific part, I actually agree with you.  That's why I prefer to use 100% cropped as many times I did cut or crop some edges of photos, so technically after cropping, they are not original photos anymore but still 100% cropped.  But you see a few here pushing their own term - full size.

qianp2k wrote:

I use terminology 100% cropped and full-size interchangeably.
-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SayNew
NoNew
YesNew
NopeNew
trueNew
OffNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow