Is everyone here a professional now

Started Jun 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mark B.
Forum ProPosts: 14,370
Like?
Re: I'm very professional, just not in photography...
In reply to sean lancaster, Jun 5, 2013

sean lancaster wrote:

Mark B. wrote:

brianj wrote:

newmikey wrote:

But by and large, I agree with you. All this professional lingo like going on "a shoot", looking down on "snapshots" as if they smell bad and giving total noobs looking for their first DSLR the advice that nothing less than a FF Canon/Nikon will do.

I am very serious about photography but in the end I am most definitely "just an amateur".

The over the top advice is something that knocks my socks off, some novice will ask a simple question, and the answer is invariably that you need to go out and buy the best that money can buy then you must use raw to process your images even though the novice has never heard of these things.  In the end all the person wanted to do was take a picture of his dog.

These gross genralizations are part of the problem.  I don't see anyone recommending a DSLR and high-end lenses to take pictures of a dog, no more than anyone is offering their organs for sale or taking a mortgage out to pay for equipment.

I think the strawman generalizations are more than just "part of the problem."

I was trying to be nice

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
No.New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow