LR or Capture One Pro for Nex5n Raw?

Started Apr 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
Elandreth
Regular MemberPosts: 169Gear list
Like?
Re: LR or Capture One Pro for Nex5n Raw?
In reply to Arashi87, Jun 5, 2013

I use C1 Pro with my 5N and love it.  Of course, I've never used LR, so I can't compare.  My assumption is that LR would have more built-in lens profiles, since C1 Pro only has the kit 18-55 and Sigma 30 built-in for the 5n.  This isn't a problem for me though because I just use the 18-55 kit and then a bunch of legacy glass.

The organizational structure in C1 is wonderful with its catalogue feature.  I also really enjoy the color controls, single-exposure HDR, clarity tool, adjustment layers, and perspective corrections.  It's easy to set up your own lens profiles for manual lenses, and to have batch adjustments saved for a large group of shots with the same setup.  I can't comment on LR, but C1 works for all my needs (primarily landscape work, but also some product shots, macro, and portraiture).

Elandreth's gear list:Elandreth's gear list
Leica D-LUX 4 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Voigtlander 15mm F4.5 Super Wide Heliar Phase One Capture One Pro +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow