Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mrlnavy
Regular MemberPosts: 135
Like?
Scanner Repair Question
10 months ago

My Nikon Super Coolscan 4000 ED has a problem. Most likely a burnt out LED. I can not send it to Nikon for repair because it is an "orphan"-Nikon has dropped support for this model. They still do provide support for one model latter-the 5000. For those familiar with this unit it is an elegant device, particularly with respect to mechanical operation. It smoothly swallows both slides and negatives and ejects them on command. It seems criminal to junk such a nice unit for want of a simple part and a repair service.

Usually, when a company creates "orphans" they find or refer requests for repair to a third party. Nikon doesn't do this. I've looked far and wide to find someone with experience and skill to repair this unit. There are couple of inconclusive video's about repair of this unit on YouTube, but no reference to a repair service. If anyone knows of a competent repair service in the USA I would appreciate a reference to it.

Thanks

-- hide signature --

mrlnavy

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow