Canikon another dinosaur?

Started Jun 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Richard
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,605
Like?
Why m4/3ds won't last.
In reply to novaoz, Jun 4, 2013

novaoz wrote:

Interesting article on MFT and why it will outlast Canon & Nikon, some of his argument is sound

http://chasinglightphotography.com/blog/

-- hide signature --

Peter from Norfolk Is.

His arguments are silly.

m4/3rds has no advantages over Canon or Nikon in any way, accept for size, which both Canon and Nikon have answered with their own mirrorless.

I will tell you one of the biggest advantage on paper that m4/3rds is that the lenses are interchangeable across brands.

But they have done nothing to capitalize on this. They all produce the same lenses, just different brands. So while this is an advantage on paper, when you compare the lens line up, they can't compare to Nikon or Canon. Thus their eventual death.

Not to mention lesser IQ, and a host of other problems, no OVF and such.

Everyone here says, get rid of the mirror. But Canon and Nikon can do that by moving the mirror up, and as live view gets better, what advantage will m43rds have? Size/weight to combat all the downsides.

I say it will die off. It is already relegated to the niche market and we are seeing a decline in the US. I think its time is limited.

Now possibly mirrorless will stick around and may even work its way out of niche market but that little to do with the format (sensor size) and only to do with display.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YepNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
GeesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow