Would you switch brands if an nex sized ff competitor entered the market?

Started Jun 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jefenator
Senior MemberPosts: 1,460Gear list
Like?
Re: Would you switch brands if an nex sized ff competitor entered the market?
In reply to Tastybread, Jun 4, 2013

I would have to factor removing the "SONY" tattoo as part of the cost of going to a different manufacturer.

... just kidding!!  Closer to the truth is, I'd have to factor the cost of a new set of adapters for my legacy lenses.

I was looking to go full-frame last summer before I got diverted and wound up with the NEX-7. No regrets whatsoever - this is a fantastic system for me and for the product shots I'm doing, the crop factor often works in my favor.

I would still really love to try full-frame, especially with some of the vintage optics I've acquired. But I'm not in a huge rush anymore. If their offering was better, I'd wait a little longer and pay a bit more to stick with Sony. But ultimately, I got to where I am by being open-minded and pragmatic. So if Samsung, Fuji or anyone else were inclined to try and steal Sony's lunch, I wouldn't object in the slightest.

Jefenator's gear list:Jefenator's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Canon EOS M Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow