Is everyone here a professional now

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
bryanchicken
Regular MemberPosts: 305
Like?
very much an amateur here!
In reply to brianj, 10 months ago

I am very much an amateur and i don't consider myself to have any particular talent for photography either, but i read a lot, try to improve and i enjoy experimenting. I read this forum a fair amount, despite only signing up today, and i try to absorb as much info from the posters as possible in order to improve.

Personally i don't take my m43 out daily, i take it to weddings (purely socially), on holidays, or when i anticipate there will be things i want to photograph. For me, these are my "serious shoots" and i take my m43 because at my skill level and experience the higher quality equipment makes a MASSIVE difference to what i can achieve.

Does this mean i miss shots i would like to have taken with my better equipment? Yes, but as i'm an amateur i don't lose sleep over it and i try to nail it as best i can with my iphone (which i always have with me. Scoff if you want but you can get a decent pic out of it)

The best i've achieve so far is a couple of people using my shots as profile pictures. I've not taken anything i would consider worthy of being put on my wall, which i would love to achieve soon, but even so i think my m43 (plus various manual legacy lenses for experimenting) has been a good purchase for me.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
No.New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow