What do you load on to SSD?

Started May 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
SushiEater
Senior MemberPosts: 1,860Gear list
Like?
Re: What do you load on to SSD?
In reply to malch, Jun 4, 2013

In my opinion after using the slowest to the fastest SSD and finding absolutely no difference in real life performance and my current setup of SSD for OS and programs and Raid 0 for data and Raid 0 for backups I would say that SSD should last very, very long time. Software that estimates life of the SSD does not take in to account that at some point there is going to be less and less data written to it.

After a year of use I have 7 years left from initial 9 years. Could have been 8 years if I did not test software. But I think, barring "bit decay" it should be a lot longer because I mostly stopped writing large amount of data to it.

As far as D800 shutter rating it is MTBF after all. It could fail anytime. I new a guy who's camera lasted over 100K shots with shutter rating of only 30K but he never used high fps, always a single shot.

SushiEater's gear list:SushiEater's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow